Planning to discuss a draft?
If your document is fewer than 2500 words, please upload it at least 24 hours in advance.
If your document is 2500–5000 words, please upload it at least 48 hours in advance.
If you submit your draft after this deadline, your consultant may not have time to read it before your appointment. You can still have a productive meeting by discussing your ideas and passages read during the consultation.
Click the register for an account link the left. Then log in using your newly created password.
Who can use this service
Individual Writing Consultations are open to:
- GSAS & professional school students (degree and non-degree)
- Fox International Fellows & Yale World Fellows
- Postdoctoral scholars and postgrads (appointments labeled "postdocs only")
The GWL does not offer consultations to:
- Faculty and staff
- Employees, residents, or fellows of YaleNew Haven Hospital
- Anyone without a Yale netID
Librarians in Marx Library support scholars in the natural, physical, and social sciences. They can help you with literature and/or data searches, citations, and topics related to scholarly publishing like how to identify venues in which to publish, journal metrics such as Impact Factors, and considerations regarding copyright or Open Access. (Reserve a consultation with a Marx librarian.)